Tuesday, March 3, 2009

All is well

Macade's latest phone call was great! It was so nice to hear his voice and be able to chat it up like the good ol days was great! He is doing so good. Never once has he complained to me. He is really keeping his nose clean and laying low but not too low. He actually ran like a 5 minute mile to beat out 200 other guys! Go Cade! They also gassed him this week. I asked if he threw up and he said no, but he said it hurt sooo bad! Now that's out of the way, he just needs to find the courage to start an IV. Who knew? Certainly not him or it may have changed his Army plan! He says to tell everyone hello. He said don't, don't don't send him packages but man is he craving some peanut butter cups. This is considered contraband in the army. They went to the PX (store) to buy supplies the other day and he said he has not been able to stop thinking about peanut butter cups ever since. He mentioned them to me at least 4 times too. I can't wait to go and visit him. I will take him a whole box of the things! He got his big gun and has been learning it inside and out. He hasn't shot it yet, but I'm sure I will hear all about it.
Anyway, the kid is doing great! His mom is struggling a bit, but I don't think that is abnormal. I'll make it. I am so proud it hurts!!!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment