Saturday, March 14, 2009

IV certified?!!!

So, there you have it... My son that almost passed out when they drew his blood, can now give an IV. It's amazing! In 5 short weeks he has grown up and changed so much that I can't wait to "meet" him! Macade called today and I also got a letter! Good Day!! He says he really is loving it. They have been working on marksmanship with their guns. He's doing really good and would like to get to expert level which is 36 or higher and I think he told me he got a 37. He's doing excellent in PT (physical training). He is 12 points off of maxing out. Then he gets a badge when he graduates. He ran 2 miles in 11 minutes and 45 seconds. He says he smoked everyone. If he remains the top guy, he gets a free ticket to Airborne! (His dream come true!) He has a bit of a big head right now but I figure when you can't even eat chocolate or drink diet coke, you gotta have something going for you. I'll whip him back into shape when he decides to come home. Macade is reading the Book of Mormon and has challenged us to read it again. He also gave one to a friend of his there. When people find out he is a Mormon, they very seriously ask him how many wives he has. He gets a real kick out of that. Anyway, I think he is sitting just right. He does what he is told and helps out all his fellow soldiers. He got his fancy picture taken and I can't wait to see those! I'll post asap. Thank you so much to all of you that have been writing to him. He loves to get mail and see what's up with people at home. Overall, in 5 letters, the change is drastic. He is growing up and becoming exactly what we knew he could be. We are so proud of him!
B

1 comment:

  1. We are proud of him too. Keep sharing those letters with us! Love Mom and Dad M.

    ReplyDelete