Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh, he's busy...

Oh so I guess he has been so busy he has had no time to write now. There you go. I spoke with Macade for a while yesterday and it was great! He is so up beat and happy! He has never been homesick for a second and loves to tell me all about what he is doing. I especially love when he talks about rocket launchers and grenades. My favorite...
This may be a little tooting of his own horn, but I'm so proud that I will tell about it anyway. He is at the top of his class. He recently forgot his flashlight when they went out and his DS got really mad at him and told him he was going to be his "Honor Grad" and that he can't be forgetting things. This is a huge deal! This would open many doors for Macade and send him to Airborne which is what he wants. He also says that the Commanders all know him and it's a good thing not bad. When told to hustle, they tell the soldiers to "run like Moore". The DS's are placing bets on how fast he will run his 2 mile test. His latest # is 11:20. On a good day, I can run 3/4 mile in that long. He was awarded a special vest the other day in front of his whole company that gives him the chance to do physical training on his own because he is so far ahead. I know, this is crazy, but he really is doing this great!!! I cannot wait to go to graduation!! I don't know if my moody self can handle the pride I will be oozing. I will for sure take waterproof mascara!
I did get a letter today also. He said he was fitted for his Class A's and he loves wearing his beret. He says he was born to wear it. He says it makes him feel so proud. He hates MO weather really bad and that is the only thing he really complains about. When it snows there he calls it "icing" instead of snowing. He says it just rains ice. He has been shooting the big guns this weeks and is really enjoying that. He told me it's the kind you see on the big military trucks. He says it is so loud and that I better be ready to hear a lot of it when we go there.
And to finish this post off, my son and I actually weigh the same amount for the first time ever!!! He is excited to be up to this weight and I am excited to be heading down past the same weight. Funny!
Thank you all for your support of Macade. He loves to get your letters and he likes to get pictures as well. This is about all he can get after all.
I will end this post now with visions of the 120 lb me weeping with joy at the sight of my son, the 135 lb honor grad, getting a bunch of awards at graduation. He, he.
I know I need therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment