Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving in A!

We spoke with Cade this morning! Skype is the thing I am most grateful for! So, I got right up and came to the computer knowing that it was his Thanksgiving evening. He of course was online and called right away. He asked if I would get ready and go out to my sisters early so he could see everyone. This was bitter sweet because I was sad that our Colorado family couldn't talk to him also. (We couldn't travel there due to weather.) I wish everyone could have seen him. It was also a bummer for me to get out of my pjs at 9:00 to drive out to Payson in the freezing cold... But it was totally worth it to see Macades face as the video popped up and he could see his Utah family crowded around the computer to see him. He was wearing his groovy Afghani scarf and has really filled out in the cheeks. He just smiled ear to ear the whole time he spoke with everyone. He especially loved Gammons version of "Osama got ran over my a reindeer". We were very happy to see him happy. Hopefully his day was nice. He didn't say much except for they had made them a nice dinner. He was leaving the safety of the base this morning, so as usual, remember him in your prayers. Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool. I really missed you guys yesterday. Naturally as all weather predictions go, I don't think any snow actually fell. It will be 60 tomorrow. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete