Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wow! It's been a while

I didn't realize I hadn't written the most recent about Cade. There's not a lot, so don't get excited. I spoke with him briefly on Friday. He was good. We didn't have much to say, but he looks healthy and usually pretty happy. He had had a long day, but I'm thinking "aren't they all long?" He wanted me to go get him some gadgets out of his storage unit and we talked about the dreams we've been having. He says he has dreams every night that he is home on leave. Funny, but I just dreamt about him for the first time. (Thank heavens, cause even the good one was a tough one.) I dreamed that he was here on leave and what is the first thing I do??? Run him to the dentist. Oh my. I really have lost my mind. Anyway, I woke up and cried a little bit.
He's on my mind this morning as 5 more young men have been killed today. I have not heard from Macade, but I am pretty sure it is not in his area.
I miss him horribly and can't wait to hold him in my arms and tell him it will be OK.

1 comment:

  1. Once again my heart swelled as I read your blog post. Hang in there Mom. Love, K.

    ReplyDelete