Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another day

Spoke with Cade today. It was awesome! He and I have not had a chance to talk like that since before he left the country. I really needed it too. I miss him terribly. He is good. He would not quit talking and I loved it. Now I have to remember everything he said. He was telling me how much he loves the children there. He told me that they are the reason he is there and if he changes just one of their lives, it will make it worth being there. He loves the little boy in the bottom left picture below. His name is Sheeb and he knows Macade as Moore and calls out to him whenever he is around. Macade says he hooked him up real good with some Halloween candy he got. Cade loves the locals, especially the kids. He talks a lot about them. He really wants to make a difference in their lives.
He talked about the things he hopes to do when he gets home. Buy a condo and a motorcycle. He has a very one-tracked mind. He is sooo excited for his leave time! He says he cannot wait to eat when he wants and sleep when he wants and go anywhere he wants. I personally think he won't know what to do with himself when he gets here, but we will see. He is a little worried that I might be too clingy. What?!
He sounded different to me today. I have thought in the past that he has "grown up", but I think it is for real this time. Maybe... No really, he sounds like a man that has seen things I never hope to. He says he found a quote the other day that sums it up. He didn't have the exact wording, but it was something about how facing death will make you remember what is really important in your life. And I think he is working it out. It will take time.
He wanted me to remind everyone here in his life how much he loves them. And that his leave is just around the corner and he can't wait to see everyone. Thanks for all of your prayers for him. I know he feels them.
***Don't forget if you are sending him a package, do NOT put Afghanistan in the address. It will go straight to Afghanistan and not the APO. Also, they say to mail Christmas packages no later than the first week of December.***

No comments:

Post a Comment