Saturday, May 28, 2011

A phone call! A phone call!

Yes, you are reading this correctly. I, Becky, have received a call from my son, SPC Moore, from across the world! How did this happen, you ask? He actually went down to the rec room and figured out how to use the phone..... wow!
So excited!
He sounds tired and ready to come home. He mentioned a few things that I will jot down quickly. He sent his box home. That's a good sign. That means there is not very much longer at all. I will not comment on dates as all of you know how much I hate dates. They come and go and are worse than if you didn't even know them before. Anyhow, we are planning on having our hero home in July sometime.
He talked a little bit about his best cousin Braiden, that left Wednesday for his mission to Canada. They will miss each other a lot but they realize this is how things are and they look forward to meeting again in a couple of years.
Macade talked about airsofting and how he has formed a team with a fellow soldier. I told him this will be good for the both of them because it will give them a chance to vent to each other about things we can't begin to comprehend. He said that was true. He said he wasn't feeling like he's doing anything other than his job right now, but when he comes home and thinks about things he has seen and done, it will get "weird".
He talked about going on a few trips and enjoying life for a bit. When I asked him if he would want to go to Colorado with us sometime, he asked if we would be driving there. I told him that is what we usually do... and he said he would meet us there. He is flat out tired of being in a vehicle for 14 hours a day. I hadn't given much thought to that, but can you imagine??? Bless his sweet soul for doing this for our country. Amazed.
I will be thinking about Macade, those that serve with him and those we have lost this weekend. It is a very emotional time for me as I consider all that has been sacrificed for my freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment