Friday, July 8, 2011

I know it's been a while



But look what's coming home on my son!!!!!

I am sure that it is not worth what he went through to get it, but he has received the combat patch. (Or pin, it kinda looks pin-ish to me.) Anyhow, Macade is in the USA!!! He made it! I have talked to him several times since I last posted. (I know, Mom of the year, right?) He is good and happy to be coming home so soon.

So, to backtrack a bit, things have been very busy for our boys the last few weeks. The work they were doing was very dangerous and there were a few accidents. Unfortunately, Macade was a part of one of them. He and a companion, hit an 80-100 lb IED on their 2nd to last mission. They both walked away with concussions miraculously. Their truck was destroyed. Whatever Cades mission is on this earth, it is a good one. He has been protected many times over the past year. We feel very blessed and will deal with each day one at a time as he tries to become a civilian once again.

Thank you all so much for your prayers for Macade and for us. I, personally, have truly felt each and every one over the last 6 months. His first 6 months out were especially difficult for me as I tried to find a place where I could accept that he was at war and still live my life here. I will admit, I was not very successful at this at all and I appreciate everyone's patience with me. (Especially my husband.) After Cades leave time in Jan-Feb, something changed for me and even after the call about his blast, I knew he would be OK. This doesn't mean that I was OK with it. In fact, it took me a few days and a few phone calls from him, to let myself relax a little. But I have been the grateful recipient of many prayers. Thank you.

SOOOO, for being fired upon in combat, Macade wears this new symbol. I am proud of him! And I am very happy that he is on his way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment