Saturday, September 11, 2010

Doing good in the neighborhood

That is the post on Macades on Skype. He gave me a little call this morning and I loved it. He is doing good. As usual, he wanted me to tell everyone hi and that he is doing fine.
A couple of things stood out when I spoke with him. We talked a bit about the preacher that wants to burn Kurans and I wish that preacher could've heard my son. He told me he hoped that he didn't do that. I wish I could write word for word what he said, but he said it would ruin their goal of "hearts and minds". There is more to this than a few words, but I am not sure what I can write. It was touching to hear my soldier tell me this would only hurt their mission.
Another thing he said was "Mama, this would really suck if I wasn't having so much fun." I felt a bit better when he said that and I hope it also eases a few of your minds somewhat. My boy loves being a soldier. He loves his army family. He loves our country. He loves all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment