Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's really happening

So I never thought this time would come but here we are. Tomorrow night a huge piece of my heart leaves the country for the unknown. I am sick with worry. I have quit counting how many people ask if I am scared. What do you think? My life is not the same. My testimony of country and family is different. My soul will not rest until he is safely back on American soil.
My heart has been touched by one of my patients that has deployed 11 times as a Chaplain. He is a sober man. He has seen life and death. His last deployment ended last week and with the loss of 12 of their men. I have hope that by the grace of God that all of Macades unit returns home safely. Theirs is a dangerous mission of which I try not to dwell on. The ring of my doorbell will even sound different after tomorrow.
May you all remember our troops tonight and tomorrow. Please think of and say a little prayer for my little boy that is fighting like a man now. And please thank the next young man or woman in uniform. Their sacrifice is great. Sometimes ultimate.
Thank you Macade. Your sacrifice leaves me in awe. You constantly invade my thoughts. I hope you are not scared. I hope that you know that I love you more than anything. I hope you know that my breath will be labored until I can feel you and smell you and hear your voice in my ear. I love you son.

2 comments:

  1. touching!! i just had the thought to tell you to google the you tube video of the army guys imitating lady gaga.. just think.. maybe he'll be passing his time making re-enactments of lady gaga.. safe and sound.. sweating to death! :) you're strong becky, more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful post. I cannot imagine how you feel right now. So proud of your amazing son and so scared at the same time.
    He is a great kid. He is doing an amazing thing. I am so proud of him....and you!
    Kids start school next week and we are going out!

    ReplyDelete