Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nothin to report

So, as you can see, AIT (advanced individual training) is much less exciting than basic training. Macade is enjoying it a lot but he loved BCT! I think it was the structure of the place in general. He has a lot of down time in SC, but I think he is learning a lot. I just spoke with him and he got 100% on 2 tests today! Yeah for him! He has a big inspection tomorrow and was cleaning like crazy hoping to pass this test too. Then he will get to wear civilian clothes after school and listen to his i-pod and such. He has a small room that he shares with one other young guy and he likes that a lot too. AND, he says he has earned himself the new PT nickname. He is now Mr. 300 to the Drill Sergeants and commanders. I like it that he is working hard to put his name out there. Anyway, it looks like he will be home in mid-July. We are very excited to get him home and get him busy. I also met his unit folks the other day when I stopped to pick up his patches and pins for his uniforms. They told me they are not on the schedule to ship out any time soon, but a new schedule is coming out in September. They were thinking early 2011.???
So, he is good. He always wants me to tell everyone hello and that he loves you all!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment