Thursday, June 25, 2009

Korea?

So Macade called me last night to warn me that he may not be home very long before he ships out to Korea. I don't know who he is talking to but I do know that things are heating up in that part of the world. He said they are telling everyone to be prepared. As it was, he said maybe 80% of the soldiers he is with are shipping to Korea as soon as they are done training. I told him not to worry and that we would pray that he will be safe wherever they decide to send him. I think he is more worried about spending some time at home before shipping out.
Macade is doing very good. He has a lot of down time which is hard for him but he still remains pretty upbeat. He is really stressed out about coming home and trying to adapt to life again.
They have made him a "flag folder". I asked what that meant and he said he was the flag folder at funerals. I, of course, panicked and asked just how many people were dying there. He laughed and called me silly. I guess when they are called to services of veterans, Macade folds the flag. I felt a lot better then. I think he finds it a great honor to do this for the veterans of our country. His love of the flag is just growing and growing. So everyone make sure you have your flags ready for when he comes home. So far, graduation is still on July 23rd. However, it IS the Army and they can change plans pretty quickly.
Thanks again for all of your support of our soldier. We love him and we are Proud!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Everytime I look at my little flag here I think of Macade and get a warm feeling about his willingness to serve. He is in our prayers every morning and night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see him when he comes home for a bit and hear about some of his experiences! I bet my boys would be in AWE of him too....
    We will ALL be praying for his safety where ever he may go.
    I bet that is really cool to be apart of veteran funerals. Such an honor.
    We are PROUD of you Macade!

    ReplyDelete