Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Training under way

So Macade has had 2 test this week already. He started his training to be a 63 Bravo. (Light wheel mechanic.) He says it's a little boring right now but that it will get better. I keep asking for his address and for some reason he is hesitant to give it to me. So, sorry everyone. I think he is a little homesick and he tells me it's kinda hard to get letters even. So, I will be patient and grateful that I bought him a new phone to keep in touch.
He is still doing really well in PT. He maxed out at 300 on Monday! Who knew!?
He is hearing a lot about how they are desperate in Afghanistan for mechanics and they shortened his already short training. I don't know how long he will be home in July. His first deployment could come pretty quickly. He is not afraid though. He is more than willing to go and serve. It is what he is training for and he is anxious to be busy.
Thank you all again for your support of Macade. I am sure he feels it.
B

1 comment:

  1. Phone calls from children do help. We are glad he is keeping in touch that way. Please give him our love when you speak with him. Mom K.

    ReplyDelete