Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fort Jackson

So Macade made it to South Carolina last Friday night. He says it is really hot but I wonder if it's just cause he has to wear that uniform (ACU's). He is doing OK. It's always a little stressful for him the first few days as he is totally lost. Tonight when I spoke with him he was a little better than yesterday. He is bored though and cannot wait for his training to get going on Friday. He also knew his grad date. July 23rd. I asked if he would be able to come home on the 24th and he said, "hopefully right after graduation!" It is nice to have a date to look forward to. (Maybe one of my blog savvy friends could help me put a countdown on this blog.) He has decided to try to be a NCO (non-commissioned officer) by the end of his first year. He has talked quite a bit about going active duty army as well. The Special Forces are a huge pull for him! I know he could do it and they would totally want him there with his PT scores. Anyway, PVT Moore is alive and well and I think there is a part of him that is enjoying being on his own. He does get homesick and I think that is why he tries not to call or write too much. I will post an address as soon as I get own. (He's a little slow now that he has his phone.)
Thanks to all of you that show your support of Macade every day! He loves you and misses you a lot. I am so grateful to all of you too!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment