Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Surprise!


I got a letter!!!! OK so it's actually a very short note, most of it regarding a girl and how I need to get a hold of her and tell her he will write soon, but it's a note all the same!

So I woke up this morning and felt pretty darn down. 18 years ago today, my life was totally changed when I was handed the best thing that ever happened to me. As I held him in my arms, I tried to picture the places we would go and the things we would do. And at the same time, I was thinking, how can I do this? How can I be a mommy to this innocent little critter? I have never felt love like what hit me that day. I remember being so proud! (Key chains, t-shirts, nothing could escape Macade's face.) I remember thinking I would do anything for him. Well some things have changed and some definitely have not. I still would walk the earth for him. (or at least to Missouri.) I have never been more proud! I told Macade the day he left that our family began with just the 2 of us. He seemed to take great pride in that too. Macade and I grew up together. He is one of my best friends as well as my son. He is my pride and joy. He is mine.

Now about that note. Who knew that they have service missionaries at the Fort? Thank goodness for service missionaries! (Mom and Dad Moore, this can be your next mission! He, he.) So I guess on Sundays he is allowed to write to us. The missionaries copy that letter and send it to us. I then, can write an e-mail to Cade and send it to the missionaries who print it off and deliver it to Macade on Sunday at church. This is brilliant for a poor mom that misses her kid and can't wait one more day, and who was drooling at the sight of a note and picture of her son. So, I still do not have an address for him, but hopefully he will send me something this week. In meantime, I will keep in touch with "the girl" because she will probably get something before I do.

Happy Birthday Macade! I love you! You are the greatest mistake I ever made!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That seriously brought tears to my eye Bec! I love you and Macade both! You guys are both so awesome!

    ReplyDelete