Thursday, February 12, 2009

1 minute 6 seconds: A conversation with a soldier

So, I heard from Macade yesterday. Our conversation went something like this
Cade: Hello Mama
Mom: Cade, I am so glad you called! I have been thinking of you. Do you have a bed?
Cade: Yes I have a bed.
Mom: Do you have your uniforms yet?
Cade: Not yet.
Mom: Did they cut off your hair?
Cade: Yes, it's really short.
Mom: Have you had any sleep?
Cade: About 2 hours. Our plane left at 4:00 PM and we didn't get here until almost midnight.
Mom: Is it flat there?
Cade: I don't know, but I have to go now Mama.
Mom: I love you so much and I am so proud of you.
Cade: I love you too.
Mom: Be strong.
Cade: I will.

One minute and six seconds. That's it. I won't hear his voice for another 10 weeks. I miss him more than I ever would've dreamed. I love him!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment