Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wisconsin Sucks

I think that was the title of his last FB post. Macade is doing swell. After a short bout of anthrax poisoning, I think he might survive premobilization. He is still very anxious to get going. He and his "brothers" are downloading movies and music like mad men. I guess that and video games are the only things to do during down time.
Much to my dismay, Cade qualified on Monday to shoot the big 50 caliber gun. This means he will be one of 7 guys arming that hefty piece of weaponry. I still can't figure out how a 98 lb kid can handle a big gun like that. You have to sit with it between your legs to even get a round off. PS. I told him to accidentally shoot someone in the knee or something so he doesn't qualify to shoot any other big nasty guns. I don't like it a bit.
Sterling leaves tomorrow morning to go hang with him in the field. I am pretty sure they don't make a helmet big enough for him, but I told Cade to take photos for sure. It's a pretty quick trip, but I hope it's great for both of them. I was a little bummed at first that I wouldn't get to go, but one farewell is more than enough for me.
Oh and I got his address for the time being.
PFC Moore, Macade
118th Sapper Co
1868 Regimental Ave
Fort McCoy Wisconsin 54656
He loves letters. Right now he only have email access on his phone, so until he deploys, it might be easiest to write him letters. We are guessing mid August on him leaving.
Thanks to all our friends and family! He has a great foundation!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if Macade reads your blog, but we sure wish him the best, well at least the best it can get over there. It's nice to have you update for him, so we can know how he's doing. It's such a scary thing, but it sounds like your hanging in there. We really should do a cousin Lunch sometime. Our soldiers are Awesome. We'll keep him in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete