Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Countdown to Wisconsin

So Macade found out on Saturday that he is in an advance party to Wisconsin. This means after all our prep for him to leave this Friday, he is leaving tomorrow. No excitement or speeches, just getting on a jet and leaving very early. I will still be going up to the actual departure of the rest of his unit just to stay involved with them, but it certainly won't be as neat.
He said his goodbyes to family and friends last night and I couldn't help but cry myself to sleep as I thought about my nephew, Braiden. I feel worse for him today than I feel for myself. He will be leaving on his mission before Cade comes home and it will be at least 3 years before they will see each other again. It is very difficult to comprehend.
Macade was more than ready to get going. I have heard that just before a deployment, our soldiers can get a little beastly. This being said, I am glad the day is finally here.
He promised to send me pictures ASAP. So, I will be posting as I get them. Sterling also purchased a laptop with built in camera for me to Skype with him, so that will be great.
So, just feeling run down today. Can't seem to find any energy to do anything. I am sure it will be better soon. Thanks to you all for your prayers and support of Macade. Our whole family appreciates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment