Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Excitement!

So I have been trying to cut and paste this for a while now, but being as I am so computer literate, you get my version of the email Cade sent me. It went something like this.
"I have been very busy so things are crazy at best. I have been traveling a lot and staying elsewhere. But guess what????????????? I found my first IED!!! This is not a story for now but will tell you all about it when I get home. It was a big one. Yay me, almost everyone has heard about it. I am proud of myself:) Keepin my boys safe:)"
So this is the kind of emails I get from him. Short, sweet and "dropping a bomb". He was so excited about this IED, that I couldn't help but feel happy for him through my hysteria that he was sweeping for bombs! (Not sure if he came across it by accident?) If I know Cade, he has been offering to do anything to get himself out of the garage.
So, I am good with this surprisingly. His energy is contagious. I am glad he feels like he saved his friends.
He has all but quit calling and skyping at this point. :( But I understand too. We are down to 15 days now and I think he is trying to keep his head in Afghanistan. He is very excited to see all of you. Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment